New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: That was the last jam. I am retiring the site.  (Read 5650 times)

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
That was the last jam. I am retiring the site.
« on: October 25, 2018, 08:46:38 AM »
Hi All,
I am going to retire the site.  I invite you all to become friends with me on facebook.  Look for Rick Beall in Hamtramck.  There has been no harmonica related content from me in a while, even though harmonica is like my second throat, but I do play slide guitar and hope to eventually post something about that somewhere.

I will put up a permanent but simple page listing the jam winners for all the jams, and thanking everyone for participating.

--Rick Beall

Lips Angelo

• Zelda, the harp playing blues rat. She's Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Real Blues Canada
Re: That was the last jam. I am retiring the site.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 09:29:07 AM »
 :'(  I am sorry to hear that Rick.  This has been a great experience for me.  I think I came on in 2005.  It made me love practicing and I learned a lot about recording.  It's been great meeting everyone over the years.  A great bunch of people that I will really miss interacting with on this site.  Different styles, different countries but a love for harmonica.   

Thanks to everyone, especially Beelz and the other backing track people, going all the way back to DBlues and many others.   I remember Brett was the first to comment on my first post.   I appreciated all of the comments and critiques.

Thanks to Rick for giving us somewhere to play and to learn.   Gonna miss being here and miss all of you, but you can get me on facebook, I have some videos on youtube and my email is msangelo1@yahoo.ca

Mike 'Harplips' Angelo

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 01:10:57 PM »
I had a hard time deciding to end the jam.  I was definitely divided about it.  I have run it for around 20 years.  I suspect it was the first online jam  of any sort ever in existence.

It seems the older you get, time speeds up and you have time to do less.  Or coming from the other direction and more accurately, as I get older I have less energy!   

Boy, I will miss this site.

But hopefully, I will not miss you guys can you can friend me on Facebook, and we can keep up our musical adventures, even if they sometimes flow slow like maple syrup from a tree!

Rick

TeeJay

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 03:10:30 PM »
Hey Rick,
thanks for providing harmonica.boogie during all that years.
Times are changing, running out … so I could not really take part last years, but always have a look, an ear.
Beside getting information, inspiration dealin with Harmonica, it was always a pleasure, hangin round here with all that nice folks, … listen to that Lipper’sSongs … never will forget making a song together with BroBob and Elmo, … over the pond, connecting people …
Ok, sentimental mood…
Thanks again Rick, as well to Beelzebob.
And all my best wishes
Thomas “TeeJay” J.

RonfromDutch

• View Profile
    • Harmonica Store
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2018, 09:43:08 AM »
Rick, Many thanks for all the good work, if you have nobody who wants to do or takeover this site than please let me now...i would be interested ;) Thanks again. Kind Regards Ron

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 07:01:12 AM »
Sorry to hear the news, but I understand. Thanks everybody for helping me launch my career.

I'm not on Facebook for five years now so I won't be catching up that way, unfortunately.

Best wishes to you all, keep on playing and then play some more.

Thanks for the last eleven years.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 07:04:13 AM by Matt »

justjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 07:26:07 PM »
Thanks Rick. Best of luck in the future. This site helped me a great deal getting back into the groove after a very long hiatus from harp playing. Stay cool brother.

To everyone else, thank you for the feedback and support over the years. It means a lot.

Gorfalamu

• Be true to the music in your head-all else follows
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2018, 02:07:09 AM »
Just came across this and am sad to see the site go down.  So many fine musicians and such a great community with wonderful tracks and opportunities.  Thank you Rick and Bob and all of you for sharing and caring.  I learned so much and grew so much from what was posted here that I can't begin to tell it all.  Good luck and thank you to one and all who participated.   I can only hope that someone takes on the work you have done so well but, if they do, they have mighty big shoes to fill.

mark wilson

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 12:00:19 AM »
It was a nice run Rick, I'll be sorry to see the site go even though I haven't been around for a while.

Take care and a hat tip to all my old jam buddies.

Mark

Steamrollin Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2019, 01:08:51 AM »
Times are changing and i never got any better than my last upload along time ago, it was fun Rick and look out for my alias Bert Titcombe as a fb friend. Bruce.  :)

giguchan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2024, 10:00:56 AM »
It's still here.....  so maybe  a change of heart..  what  does it take to maintain a site anyhow?

anything