New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: Some pics of Kim, Charlie, and Hummel  (Read 3215 times)

Naptown Blue

Some pics of Kim, Charlie, and Hummel
« on: April 15, 2013, 01:16:25 PM »
These pics were from about 2007, when I was still in Florida.  We went to a Mark Hummel Harmonica Blowout, and since we were in the Suncoast Harmonica Club, we called ahead and they set us up a table directly in front of the stage.  I mean DIRECTLY in front.  It was awesome to say the least.  Our friend had brought, what at the time, was a very very nice Cannon DSLR with a big wide angle lens on it, which was good since there was no flash photography allowed, and most small digital cameras at the time wouldn't have been able to get enough light. The black and white really helped too.  I still think about this show.  We sat and talked with all three guys and Rusty Zinn after the show, all posed for pics, and all were gracious.

If you want them for your desktop or something, let me know, and I can send them along as an email attachment or something.  As a matter of fact, I've long wanted to send these to Kim and Charlie, as I think that they're pretty professional looking shots.

Naptown Blue

Re: Some pics of Kim, Charlie, and Hummel
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 01:16:52 PM »
kim2

Naptown Blue

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 01:17:15 PM »
trio

Naptown Blue

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 01:17:45 PM »
charlie

Naptown Blue

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 01:18:23 PM »
kim and rusty, call and response

Naptown Blue

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 01:19:39 PM »
I figured Gear Lust was the place for these, since there is some man-lust involved.

I have tons more if anyone wants them.

Eric Stahl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 01:49:43 PM »
Cool! I saw one of the shows in that tour in the San Francisco area - what a hot show. I still have my signed "Kim's Mix" CD that's one of my most played.

The Blowouts are always fun. I try not to bug the musicians, even when I run into someone like James Cotton or Lazy Lester or Mark Hummel while walking around earlier on the day of a show  :o  I've been to a Blowout every year for years. Got to talk with Lee Oskar for a while once. Sat in front of the stage two or three tables away from who I am fairly sure were the Ford brothers - who were also enjoying the show with friends and family. Got to wish Charlie Musselwhite a happy birthday. Passed an open hotel room door once where John Mayall was eating his dinner - talk about a temptation to interrupt a meal. And I always enjoy meeting other harp players, while listening to and watching harp players  :)

-Eric

Naptown Blue

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 11:56:15 PM »
Yeah.  I haven't seen those pics in  years...
 they are coo though... ;)

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 07:37:11 PM »
Wow, you really got good shots!  Sounds like you really optimized everything.   If I had shot those, they would be fuzzy and in color.   Pretty worthless.     

Beelzebob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bob at Soundclick
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 11:16:39 PM »
Yep, choice shots!

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 03:24:52 PM »
I was listening to some Hummel  just the other night.   He was even better live.   When I saw him live at a SPAH, I sat there wondering "How does he do that"!  It was real exciting.