New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: Backing Tracks  (Read 2255 times)

Beelzebob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bob at Soundclick
Backing Tracks
« on: February 27, 2016, 06:58:55 PM »
For the last four jams, I went into it thinking I'd pretty much run out of ideas for making backing tracks with Band in a Box.  But once I sat down to do it, I came up with some new stuff, or at least some variation on familiar themes.  This time, I really did run out of ideas and what we ended up with is More of the Same.  Blue Boy was a huge breath of fresh air last jam because he supplied some backing tracks that were different and they were well received.  But he seems to have disappeared, so I don't know if we'll have his contributions again.  I think he got most of his BTs from Wikiloops.  I looked at the site briefly, I'm not sure if it's free or not, or much work is involved in getting a track jam-ready.  If anyone else is feeling energetic and wants to have a go at it, that would be fine with me.  There's also the Fritts tracks, there are over 70 of them and I think all the debate about usage is ancient history.  They have been very popular in the past, and I would say they are a step up from what I'm doing, depending on one's interest.

One thing I can do is change keys and tempos easily if people request it.  I know it's easy to change key in many DAWs, but three semi-tones is usually about the limit.  Band in the Box has no limit on transposition.  There are some limits on tempo change, but I can usually work around those, too.  In short, I'm always open for requests, don't be afraid to ask, even if you think you're the only person who will be interested.

Any input appreciated.  The Fritts link is below, as well as wikiloops.

http://www.the-blues-house.com/tracks.html

http://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack.php

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Backing Tracks
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 12:06:48 AM »
Thanks Beelzebob!

The Wikiloops looks pretty interesting.  It looks like it is free.  They are currently doing a donation drive and have apparently gathered $9,000 so far.   They must have a lot of users!

Rick

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 03:40:16 AM »
I've been working on two tracks for the jam, but they are still sparse (drums and guitar). I'm pretty busy at the moment so not sure when I can finish them. I could make a quick slide guitar jam or something, or upload one of my old ones from a few years ago.

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 10:56:40 AM »
I have not recorded anything in a couple years.   I tend to get to carried away with the manipulations and not practice enough when I do a lot of recording.  And I hurt my shoulder last year, but,  I should be able to get some sort of backing tracks up too.  Even if it is just me plunking away.  :-)

Lips Angelo

• Zelda, the harp playing blues rat. She's Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Real Blues Canada
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 10:09:26 AM »
Thanks track guys.   8) 8)

htrain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 06:41:23 PM »
Well I thanked in an another post but appreciate these backing track so much, I gotta do it again here. Its what makes this a special thing. I wish we lived closer Beelzebub - I've played around with Band in a Box but not to the point of having anything I'd be prepared to share. I need someone to guide me through it but plane fares are just too high these days to justify my coming to see you ;)