New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: New country album  (Read 1934 times)

cargo_train

• View Profile
New country album
« on: April 30, 2012, 04:28:40 PM »
Hello fellow players. I recently contributed a little in the making of this country project that some of my mates have been doing.
I am featured, playing harmonica on the tracks: Alone, Scum of the crowd and Hangmans didley.
I would really like some critique on my playing, and also on the album in general :)

http://boundbylaw.bandcamp.com/

The band is called Bound by Law, and the album is named Dying songs. Hope you guys have the time to listen in :)

Beelzebob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bob at Soundclick
Re: New country album
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 10:29:13 PM »
I'm not a big country fan, but I liked it.  Drove Hangman's Diddly hard from start to finish, simple but very good!  On Scum your playing had a little more of the classic country harp sound than the other two cuts, why I'm not sure.  On Alone, the harp was there to support the song, not stand out, and you did that well.

And the production was very good! 

Steamrollin Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 03:29:46 AM »
Tell ya what, i only had a quick listen and will focus more in the next day or so, scum of the crowd sounds good and i dont mind the country style you have, more than likely'll buy a copy to support your cause, and play the crap out of it and end up addicted. Hy5's!!!!!

cargo_train

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 04:57:11 AM »
Thanks a lot for commenting on my playing. It's always nice with some input from other harmonica players :)
I hope you guys enjoy the album, because it sure was fun recording it :)