New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: Easttop Harmonicas  (Read 3273 times)

wyredmusic

• View Profile
Easttop Harmonicas
« on: May 30, 2017, 11:19:17 AM »
I bought an A in the 008K model (< $20 usd). I blew into it and immediately order a dozen. These are the best  $20 harp anywhere. In fact, these out perform the special 20s and I like the tone over the meisterclasse. They have some other models a little higher up in price and a couple are on their way.

I have Special 20, Lee Oskars, Seydel and Meisterclass and other hohners in my case. What I'm pulling out for most plays now is an Easttop.

Great value....

Beelzebob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bob at Soundclick
Re: Easttop Harmonicas
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 07:39:47 PM »
I've been curious about these.  I'll order a couple and see what I think.  Thanks!

Bob

wyredmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 03:33:14 PM »
I was just on the ModernBluesHarmonica site and most of the people there agree, it's a great harp.

THE BLUES BOX

• View Profile
    • The Blues Box Amp's
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 06:35:54 PM »
Im Leroy Jenkins over at modern harmonica,,, dont ask, but you may have seen my posts. I too fell in love and got a whole set, Im not yanking your chain guys, when I go back to my marine bands and sp20s and all the rest, they are stuffy and hard to play, and not much projection. These easttops are awesome, Id pay 50.00 a peace for them, I also have the lucky13 which is Benden Powers artist model, also a great harp, its sort of like a steve backer special. You guys need to try them, they are 12 bucks from china, if you want them sooner than 4 weeks in US they sell for 20 ish.
you will not be sorry.

Rontana

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 07:31:35 AM »
I bought a T008S last year just to try it out. Ended up buying a set of 7. It had the best ootb high-end response - on every key - of any harp I've ever played. Holes 7, 8, 9 and 10 played clear with VERY little breath force.

I did tweak them a bit (flat-sanding the draw reed plates, gapping some reeds to my tastes . . . mostly holes 2 and 3) but I do that on most all of my harps. It only made a good harp better.

Easttop is a great value, especially in a time when so many name-brand harps are pricing themselves out of the market (well, out of my market, at any rate).

The one with the white comb (T008L, I think) is supposed to be excellent. Also, though I wouldn't spend $80 or $90 on it, folks who have the brass-combed T0086 say its absolute top quality

My only criticism would the powder-coated covers on the T008k and T008s. That's simply because I'm not fond of powder coat . . . personal preference and doesn't hamper playability.

I got mine from Rockin' Ron's music . . . they arrived in about two days.

THE BLUES BOX

• View Profile
    • The Blues Box Amp's
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2017, 12:10:28 PM »
Yeah I got a couple from rockin rons, awesome customer service, they were out of the key o ordered, and he called me personally and told me he was sending me the upgraded model in that key because they were out of stock, now they don't do this everytime, but in my case he did, I was super pleased with his service!

anything