New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: It's up there!!  (Read 1940 times)

ColinBlues

• Bringing the blues from the beginning
  • im a newbie from way back:-P
    • View Profile
It's up there!!
« on: October 22, 2012, 05:06:00 AM »
Alright ya'll, feet in the fire.... be the first to hear it.... ColinBlues any little thing you do with Beezlebob ..... it's rough.... but it's called open mic right??? one thing.... if your downloading it to your phone the backing track is almost unhearable.... on my laptop it came out alright though... thanks for your encouragement.....

When you record a song,,,, are you alowed to put vocals along with it..... I'm sure I'd like to give it a try... Blues is more than just a sound.... its a feeling ya know... anyway... get back to me.... and listen... listen and guide...

thanx,

ColinBlues

Steamrollin Stan

• View Profile
Re: It's up there!!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 05:08:51 AM »
Ok Colin, i'll have a listen and comment in the open mic, btw we used to have a Dashound called Colin, just fyi. (scuse spellin)

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 03:12:45 AM »
You are force to be reckoned with on that 2nd backing track!  Naptown gave you some really good advice and it really made your playing more riff like and melodic.  Great job!  You have a good ear my friend. 8)

Naptown Blue

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 10:16:40 AM »
Yeah, i agree, it was better.  Heres the thing, if you have to balls to jump in feet first here like this and then take some criticism or pointers and make progress like that, youll be better off in the long run.

I went to the local independent record store, if they still exist where you are, and boiht all of the 4$ used blues cds i could get my hands on and listened whenever possible.  Put one in your car, and your harp or two---get an A harp next, and play on your way to work. Good practice time everyday.  If you can find a friend who plays guitar, have him tell you the keys to the songs on the cd, then write them on the back cover.  Then youll be grabbing the correct harp.

Youll make good progress if you keep it up.

anything