New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: Hohner Marine band in A $50  (Read 6417 times)

wyredmusic

• View Profile
Re: Hohner Marine band in A $50
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 04:36:43 PM »
Try the Easttop 0008K less than $ and better performance than a special 20. I always liked special 20s for the tone I got when them. I like some of these easttops more . work dam good for $20. I have some 008s models on the way, a little pricier at $35.

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 08:44:23 PM »
How are they tuned?  Even tempered like a Lee Oskar or more just like some Marine bands?

wyredmusic

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 07:33:31 AM »
I'm finding it depends on the key. They have a bunch that are Paddy tuning. I find that some play and sound more like a special 20 with a bit more warm tone, almost bassey. I've only [played the 008K models. I have some higher end 008s coming, but the 008K at $20 are a very good harp for a very low price.

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2017, 08:29:48 PM »
SP20 has been my workhorse harp for several years now. I have other harps, but the SP20 has always proven itself to be very durable. I'd be interested to find out how durable these Easttop harmonicas turn out to be.

THE BLUES BOX

• View Profile
    • The Blues Box Amp's
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 10:05:47 PM »
as long as EastTop stays at the affordable price its at, I will never buy another hohner, susuki, lee oskar again. I have been playing these things for about 4 or 5 months and I dont have a single complaint. They play way better, sound way better and feel way better than any main manufacture I have had in the past AND at under 20 bucks thats insane!!!
Rick they are tuned like marine bands. I have the 008S higher end model as well, the only difference is the reeds are welded in place not rivet, but the feel and sound and play is the same.

Im telling you guys I took all my harps and put them in a zip lock bag, and replaced them in my harp case with east top, every now and again I take out the zip lock and play a few and OMG! It reminds me how good the easttop are, all of the old harps I have are hard to play, stuffy, low volume, I just dont see how I was playing this things.

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 04:25:10 AM »
Spot welded reeds is a negative point for me, though the price goes some way towards negating that. Thanks for the info.