New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: what am i doing wrong  (Read 2288 times)

Lindy-Harper

• Lindy Harper
    • View Profile
what am i doing wrong
« on: November 08, 2015, 10:33:23 PM »
when I listen to my posts on boogie via computer everything is great but if I listen to my recordings on my iphone all I hear is the backing track and a muffled sound ? anyone else have this problem ?

Lindy-Harper

• Lindy Harper
    • View Profile
Re: what am i doing wrong
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 02:31:53 AM »
Its got to be with the way I am recording.
what do you guys do when you record ? I record in to a lexicon box which is to my computer. I got told you have to use two mics to get it to record in stereo but then it loses sound quality because its picking up room, what do you guys do to get good quality recordings ????

Steamrollin Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 06:08:36 AM »
This is technology at its best/worst, I've given up with forced new things like windows 10, 11 12 or whatever, try something new and they backfire, good win at the world cup Lindy. S.S..

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 04:50:05 AM »
Pretty sure it's not the 2-mic-in stereo thing that's causing your probs.

It's possibly a compatibility issue with the type of audio file you have created. What audio settings are you using for recording? Check both Windows settings for your input device (Lexicon), and the audio settings in your software. Maybe you are recording at a rate that is too high for the phone but not the PC?
Does your phone play other audio files with no problem?

Lindy-Harper

• Lindy Harper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 10:47:20 PM »
Sample rate is 44100
the problem is when I go in to the Lexicon box it only records in mono, not stereo, so I get one line not two
I wish I had a button that said, split to stereo.
I have gone out and brought a canon to USB so now Microphone is recording in Stereo, just means can go through the lexicon box.

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 02:06:59 AM »
Which model Lexicon are you using, Lindy? Even though two mics would be required to record in stereo, you should still be able to output a stereo signal from one input source.

**edit: I've done a little research and even though I don't yet know which Lexicon you are using, here's my take:
You probably have two inputs and and least two outputs (line out). You may have 1/4inch outputs as well as RCA outputs. RCA outputs will be coded red and white. If you have RCA outputs, a cheap cable that converts stereo RCA into whatever plug you are connecting to your computer will do the job. If you are plugging into your computer's sound card, the plug is a 3.5mm mini. So you would want a Stereo RCA to 3.5 mini adapter (lead). Something like this:
Notice the mini plug on the end of the cable - it has two black rings. That is a stereo plug. One black ring would be mono. You should be able to get something like this from Dick Smith or maybe a good home theatre store. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 03:09:13 AM by Matt »

anything