New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: New Member Introduction  (Read 1597 times)

kwilsonpm@yahoo.com

New Member Introduction
« on: February 25, 2016, 06:58:31 AM »
Hello

I'm new to harping.  Just got a Hohner Special 20 C 1st part of Feb 2016 and already know the notes and techniques.  I play pucker style and tongue blocking and know how to bend holes 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.

I'm enjoing it so much and have join a group that holds Jam sessions every Monday.  They can't believe that I've only been playing 3 weeks.

Ringer

• View Profile
Re: New Member Introduction
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 10:00:30 AM »
No one believes it except Kim Wilson of course.

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 05:37:25 PM »
Welcome. It's great that you are receiving compliments about your playing at this very early stage, but don't get too cocky when other people get excited - it takes thousands of hours to master the harmonica. As a comparison with your example, people can't believe I've only been playing for nine years!  :D It sounds like you are off to a good start, I recommend getting an 'A' harmonica next.

You might want to stay away from the 5 draw bend as there is no actual note to be reached there and you could damage the reed by bending it too hard. Try the 6 draw bend instead!  :)

This site is a good place for you to hone your skills and develop your playing style. I'm looking forward to hearing you play in the jam.

Lips Angelo

• Zelda, the harp playing blues rat. She's Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Real Blues Canada
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 07:55:18 AM »
Welcome to the site.

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 07:24:34 PM »
Welcome to the site.   This is the place to practice!

anything