New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: Hello from the California Bay Area  (Read 1766 times)

Timm88

• View Profile
Hello from the California Bay Area
« on: June 20, 2016, 02:30:03 PM »
Hey, my name is Tim. I have been playing harmonica for nearly a year now. I started out by buying a $5 Hohner Blues Band from guitar center just as a little novelty purchase while my friend was picking up an American Strat, I wanted something new too, but as a student I could not afford to be buying new guitars. After about 2 days I figured out how to play single notes well enough to make it through When The Saints Come Marching. Three days after getting my first harp I decided to purchase an upgrade, Special 20 in A, so my friends and I could jam in E. After about 4 days of playing I was able to start bending and it has been a blast from there. I like to spend a lot of times out doors, and since I don't drive, but love to play music when I am out by the bay, the harmonica has been my best friend (It's difficult to try to lug a guitar around on a bike). Decided to get a bit more serious about the harp over the last two days and I wanted to join a community where I can get ideas and follow other peoples progress. Glad to be here thanks!

Ringer

• View Profile
Re: Hello from the California Bay Area
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 04:54:42 PM »
We need people just like you!

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 11:02:07 PM »
Welcome, Tim. It sounds like you've been bitten by the harmonica bug. There's no turning back now!

Lips Angelo

• Zelda, the harp playing blues rat. She's Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Real Blues Canada
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 11:45:41 AM »
Hey Tim...welcome to the site.  Plenty to learn on that harp and this is a great resource.  Take advantage of downloading songs and working with them.   We'd love to hear where you are on that thing.

Mike