New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: How do I upload a song?  (Read 5270 times)

Johnny Utah

• View Profile
How do I upload a song?
« on: May 15, 2012, 10:59:56 AM »
How do I upload a song?  Everytime it asks me for my user name and password, it says password is wrong.

Beelzebob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bob at Soundclick
Re: How do I upload a song?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 11:25:04 PM »
Sounds like a job for fearless leader Rick...

Eric Stahl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 03:10:31 PM »
Remember that there are now two different passwords to maintain. If it's not one, then it's the other one :-)

Rick's got something new in there, that if you enter the wrong password more than a couple times (I think) you'll be prompted, upon proving who you are, to have it automatically reset and emailed to you.

-Eric

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 09:54:21 PM »
Hi Johnny,

The website is made up of two difference pieces of software.

(a) the bulletin board  (which you are now using)
(b) the jam software

It is confusing because the colors used in the two sofware are the same, and the two software are woven around each other.

Both require you to have a name and password.   It is best if you use the same name and password for both sets of software. 

If you want, you can private message me the name and password you want to use and I will make sure it is entered properly in the jam software.

Rick

Johnny Utah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 06:35:03 PM »
I finally figured it out.  LOL   I didn't know it required two sign ons. Thanks for your help.

Johnny Utah

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 07:36:15 AM »
I'm glad you figured it out.   Great playing by the way!

FatPat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 09:37:31 AM »
I can't seem to figure it out either. I go to Backing tracks (Open Mic or Main Stage), right click where it says to right click and I get no option to Download. Operator error?

Beelzebob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bob at Soundclick
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 05:41:46 PM »
Hey Pat,

I've always gotten different prompts depending on what browser I'm using.  It may take some experimentation between right-clicking and left-clicking to see what options come up.  Does a BT load into your music player?  If it does, you can save it from there.  Sorry if you know all that already, but I thought I'd mention things that stymied me at first.  If none of that helps, Rick or someone else will be along soon.

Steamrollin Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 12:38:55 AM »
My method, left click the track and hear it thru media player...tap, tap, tap,...ok if i like it then i close media player and go to the backing track, i right click the track and the thing that pops up has a bit that says "save target as" then hit the yes button and it goes into the music folder, i do not change the name or anything, just wait for the download and bang!!!!....i have it in my stuff. Then click and drag the track to audacity and away i go, if i like that recording i save it and upload to the jam, dont ask me about audacity or lame conversion as it took me 2 years to figure out that baby. ;)

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 02:16:48 PM »
Stan described it pretty accurately for how it works in Microsoft Windows and Explorer, which is what I use.

If you are having trouble, tell us what operating system and browser are you using.

KJ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 12:31:17 AM »
I have this problem as well- I can't log in to uplad.

Steamrollin Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 03:58:26 AM »
Rick will sort this out, something about 2 sites, main stage and homepage, dont worry, msg me and i'll give you my email and you can send it as mp3 to me and i'll upload in my name and give you the benefit, i had to do this for some time as my pc was playing up, otherwise wait for the boss to sort things. ;)