Forum > Gear Lust

Easttop Harmonicas

(1/2) > >>

wyredmusic:
I bought an A in the 008K model (< $20 usd). I blew into it and immediately order a dozen. These are the best  $20 harp anywhere. In fact, these out perform the special 20s and I like the tone over the meisterclasse. They have some other models a little higher up in price and a couple are on their way.

I have Special 20, Lee Oskars, Seydel and Meisterclass and other hohners in my case. What I'm pulling out for most plays now is an Easttop.

Great value....

Beelzebob:
I've been curious about these.  I'll order a couple and see what I think.  Thanks!

Bob

wyredmusic:
I was just on the ModernBluesHarmonica site and most of the people there agree, it's a great harp.

THE BLUES BOX:
Im Leroy Jenkins over at modern harmonica,,, dont ask, but you may have seen my posts. I too fell in love and got a whole set, Im not yanking your chain guys, when I go back to my marine bands and sp20s and all the rest, they are stuffy and hard to play, and not much projection. These easttops are awesome, Id pay 50.00 a peace for them, I also have the lucky13 which is Benden Powers artist model, also a great harp, its sort of like a steve backer special. You guys need to try them, they are 12 bucks from china, if you want them sooner than 4 weeks in US they sell for 20 ish.
you will not be sorry.

Rontana:
I bought a T008S last year just to try it out. Ended up buying a set of 7. It had the best ootb high-end response - on every key - of any harp I've ever played. Holes 7, 8, 9 and 10 played clear with VERY little breath force.

I did tweak them a bit (flat-sanding the draw reed plates, gapping some reeds to my tastes . . . mostly holes 2 and 3) but I do that on most all of my harps. It only made a good harp better.

Easttop is a great value, especially in a time when so many name-brand harps are pricing themselves out of the market (well, out of my market, at any rate).

The one with the white comb (T008L, I think) is supposed to be excellent. Also, though I wouldn't spend $80 or $90 on it, folks who have the brass-combed T0086 say its absolute top quality

My only criticism would the powder-coated covers on the T008k and T008s. That's simply because I'm not fond of powder coat . . . personal preference and doesn't hamper playability.

I got mine from Rockin' Ron's music . . . they arrived in about two days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version