New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: Thar's Blues In Them Thar Hills  (Read 2318 times)

SmokeJS

• View Profile
Thar's Blues In Them Thar Hills
« on: November 04, 2014, 09:20:15 AM »
The download I get for this song is quite noisy with a fair amount of scratching loud enough to make this fun track not worth using. Just me?

Beelzebob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bob at Soundclick
Re: Thar's Blues In Them Thar Hills
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 09:39:28 AM »
I just checked it, it should be usable.  I have some mixer noise in my system I hope to eliminate by year's end, but it sounds like you are talking about something major.  If you haven't already, try downloading again.  Are other BTs downloading and playing for you properly?

BZB

mindthegap

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 01:48:40 AM »
I also heard the clicks and scratches, but I thought they were there to make it sound like a vinyl record, is that not the case Bob?

Beelzebob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bob at Soundclick
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 09:29:42 AM »
When I DL the BT, it sounds fine.  But I clearly heard the noise in Guy's ST.  I simply deleted the BT and uploaded it again, hope that takes care of the problem.  Let me know.  Thanks for finding this, guys!

Beelzebob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bob at Soundclick
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 10:58:03 AM »
I have an "old record" preset, it's fun to use on acoustic guitar blues.  Mike BiG was the first person to use it here, I could make one if people want.  In practice, the noise quickly got old for me and I found it annoying to play to.  Especially if you are like me and need several takes to get a keeper.

I can also make 'live' BTs with a crowd in the background, Dennis (Djznblz) did those here first and they were popular.  I made one and it didn't see much action, but I'm willing to do another.

Steamrollin Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 10:55:41 AM »
Well i'm on the Diamond Princess cruizin Asia, the piano bar is about as interesting as watching the grass grow, otherwise no complaints, thought id'e bung this here for something to do.