New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: Just some random stuff  (Read 2086 times)

THE BLUES BOX

• View Profile
    • The Blues Box Amp's
Just some random stuff
« on: November 21, 2016, 02:20:56 AM »
Hey people how you guys been, I have been thinking lately about this place, dont know how many of the old timmers still come around, Rick how ya been buddy?
Man how I would love to chat with Dennis B. I have been trying to track him down.... Been 10 years, we used to chat on msn messanger a lot, those were the days.

I still play my harps everyday, been playing in church lately its a blast, just a couple songs through the PA. have not played my amplified harp in some time, or messed with any amp stuff, I recon a lot about the days I used to build boutique amps, and try to find photos or vids of people that own one of my builds, I have one here if your interested in watching of Matt Kovatch, If I remember it was a 1x12 bogen ch10 tweed tolex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trh6LX6LCLs&list=FLJQEOhC1yFvwyWYyN77swrA&index=173

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 02:31:23 AM by THE BLUES BOX »

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Just some random stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 03:43:20 PM »
Hi Randy,

Well, well, well.   I remember you posting songs and we could hear your kids playing behind you.

I still have the amp I bought from you, a two tone number.  I had a guitar friend come over once.  I gave him my Roland Cube to play through, which sounds great.  And then I tried putting various stomp boxes in front of the amp I bought from you, but they only degraded your amps sound.  Even clean and at low volume with a guitar being played through it, it had an awesome tone.

I'm guilty of it, and my other 2 tube amps just sitting in a corner because the solid state emulator amps are good enough.   Then again, I have not used any amps at all for two years because I love just playing my resonator guitars acoustically.

I bought a drum and a foot pedal, I play the resonator and sing, so I'm a one man band in my living room.  I rarely play out.    Ha ha, always "not quite good enough".

Yeah, you and Dennis were pretty tight!  And remember the crazy guy whose name I don't even want to remember, who would go off his rocker and attack people?   

Things are pretty good with me.  My job has been steady.   It is good to hear from you!

Rick

THE BLUES BOX

• View Profile
    • The Blues Box Amp's
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 07:03:49 PM »
You interested in selling your amp, be nice to have something of history that I built, would make a nice christmas present to myself lol

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 09:25:47 PM »
Still a few oldies around, but people don't post here often enough.

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 10:10:09 AM »
That's a little ironic that you would want to buy it back.  But I'll keep it.  And hope I play it!

Ringer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 05:40:19 PM »
I still play mine.  I mic it at gigs which helps cut through the boys.

Lips Angelo

• Zelda, the harp playing blues rat. She's Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Real Blues Canada
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 04:45:25 PM »
Hey Randy....I'm still here too man!!!  Hope you're well...

THE BLUES BOX

• View Profile
    • The Blues Box Amp's
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 06:23:59 PM »
yo lips hows it going  8)

anything