New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: Open mics in Michigan  (Read 1295 times)

paraguy1

• View Profile
Open mics in Michigan
« on: August 09, 2015, 11:29:36 AM »
Hi everyone, New Member Guy here I am wondering out of everyone that lives in Michigan where the good harp open mics are located. The Unicorn in Lansing has a good one but its an hour away and I cant get my wheelchair in their bathroom the doorway is too small. I don't care if it is an hour away from where I live in Swartz creek MI but I want to be able to use the dang restroom. I was just at Corey's in Lansing to watch Dennis Gruenling and couldn't get in their restroom either talk about irritating. I am getting to the point in my harp playing where I finally want to start playing for the public so I am looking so thought I would ask. Peace

Beelzebob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bob at Soundclick
Re: Open mics in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2015, 06:07:07 PM »
Hey Paraguy,

Welcome!  The ADA Act, as I'm sure you know, requires restaurants of any size to have a wheelchair-accessible bathroom.  So I would write a letter.  It will cost them some money, but the problem is bound to come up again.  And there is no grandfathering clause in the ADA Act as many presume.  There are some special regs for very small restaurants, but they still need to provide wheelchair accessibility.  Good luck and good jamming.