New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: Do you "Cringe?"  (Read 2956 times)

Steamrollin Stan

• View Profile
Do you "Cringe?"
« on: September 03, 2013, 05:33:13 AM »
Many many times i put up something and it sounds ok at the time, then rip it down soon after, (day or 3), but some folk like thier own bt's...i think...I have never liked my playing after posting, am I hard on myself?...i think i could probably have fun in a live jam but don't have the courage to do this. My 2 cats sit near me and think i'm ok. ...just sayin, gosh its quiet here, where's bro bob, hank, lips, and that chick from new zealand 8),

jzinmass

• Day Drink Responsibly
    • View Profile
Re: Do you "Cringe?"
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 10:54:34 AM »
Is a bit quiet, isn't it?
I always re-listen/ re-record until I stop cringing, then post. Like writing, I put something aside for at least 24 hours and then re-listen (or re-read) to get a better taste of my cooking.
Feel free to take down your posts, but I wish would wouldn't. You have your own sound- distinctive- and you're improving for sure.  Although, I've learned to comment quickly when you post.
I also find it challenging to jam although I learn a great deal and don't ever recall regretting it when I have. But a big push is needed. I'd encourage you to give it a 'go'. I think people would like it.

Steamrollin Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 02:35:22 PM »
Is a bit quiet, isn't it?
I always re-listen/ re-record until I stop cringing, then post. Like writing, I put something aside for at least 24 hours and then re-listen (or re-read) to get a better taste of my cooking.
Feel free to take down your posts, but I wish would wouldn't. You have your own sound- distinctive- and you're improving for sure.  Although, I've learned to comment quickly when you post.
I also find it challenging to jam although I learn a great deal and don't ever recall regretting it when I have. But a big push is needed. I'd encourage you to give it a 'go'. I think people would like it.
Thanks mate, thinking along the same lines,  :)

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 05:17:46 PM »
Hi Stan,

You are more than ready to go to a live jam.

You will be surprised.

Online, you feel naked because you have to fill up 4 or more verses of jamming, but when you go to a jam they will only give you 1 or 2 if you play real good.   You will find it real easy after the grilling you get here.

Naptown Blue

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 11:51:49 PM »
Live open jams are great.  Its like a drug i have to have every so often.  Once you go, you'll be hooked.  I am always on a high for hours after I go.

Just go to one, bring an amp if you have one so they know youre serious. 

And just let loose, ask for a 12 bar blues, pick your key, and let loose.

A liberating experience.  And you wont habe to worry about if you sound good or not, there will be 12 guitar players and you, so you'll be the best harmonica player there.

Plus, you wont even remember what you played when you're done, it goes by in a blur.

You could just do a 4-5 warble the whole time and people would still think its great.

Steamrollin Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 05:37:00 AM »
So i just uploaded another "CRINGER"...gosh it sounds good right now...i shall pause now  and replay tomoz, ...just saying....the wife's gone to France with her son for a holiday, i'm alone in the Mancave. 8)

anything