New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: Wow, What a Start  (Read 2031 times)

htrain

• View Profile
Wow, What a Start
« on: March 04, 2014, 06:50:28 PM »
Been away for a bit and just getting back to the site. WOW, totally knocked out by the new talent and the "golden oldies" as well as the backing tracks that have been posted. Big time thanks to BeelzeBob for some great work!!

Now my semi annual plea to the new guys. I am sincerely impressed by the talent and posts I have listened to. PLEASE think about commenting on your harp buddies posts as well as posting your own and waiting for others to comment. It is a two way street. Nuff said.

Now to the donation page to make sure we have enough to keep this thing going!!

Steamrollin Stan

• View Profile
Re: Wow, What a Start
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 08:36:54 PM »
Wondered where you were hiding, maybe at the brother in laws winery...hic!!

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 10:19:18 PM »
Hic!     ;D

mindthegap

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 02:27:47 AM »
hi htrain - from a newbie - is that just a general plea from what happened on previous jams, or something specific on this one?  I've certainly been commenting away, and received comment too - ace.  Quid pro quo - it's great!

It's been a bit lonely in the Open Mic, but I really want to post practise pieces there, as well as my more polished (LOL) stuff in the Gold Room :-).

Edit: Just seen Harp Study post in the Open Mic, off to have a listen...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 05:34:50 AM by mindthegap »

Steamrollin Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 07:45:45 AM »
Yep, open mic is a fill in when you cant post in the main bar, but sometimes if you want to just get in there, I used to hang in there lots n lots n lots etc, Hank is the best commentator in the universe, and knows how to give enthusiasm when required, I think he's only 16 yo but is kickin butt big time. :o

htrain

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 12:30:16 PM »
@Mind the Gap - yeah it's an old bugbear and I appreciate you jumping in like you have. I just hope others do as well. Open Mic is a strange on for me - I used to use it many jams ago but found time becoming an issue in trying to keep up on both jams, so now I just post and comment on the Main Stage. Just do what works for you and be sure to transfer Open Mic stuff over to Main Stage once you are happy with it. I tend to put everything there, even if its a one time jam - I take the statement on our Home Page to heart and use Main Stage as a posting of a true jam effort, just like going to a live jam. No rehearsal or retake, its live and it is what it is!

"This is basically a 'woodshedding' site, a practice site to make practicing at home more fun. Practice is more fun when you know other people will be listening to your efforts"

@Bruce (Steamrollin Stan) - 16? hell, even if you were dyslexic, you'd be many years short, but thanks for the comment!!

Lips Angelo

• Zelda, the harp playing blues rat. She's Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Real Blues Canada
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 12:58:13 PM »
Crazy eh Hanky :0   Yes MTG.   It's a bi-annual plea for people that are posting to please take the time to comment/vote on others posts.   I used to post the same thing at the beginning of each jam.   Hank has it now :)

Mike