New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: Uploads  (Read 3353 times)

Ringer

• View Profile
Uploads
« on: February 13, 2013, 05:53:39 PM »
Anyone else having this problem?  When I upload a song the backing track becomes muted.  The songs are fine when I listen to them anywhere else but on this site.

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Uploads
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 07:13:46 PM »
Now that's a weird problem.   

You are uploading mp3 files to this website.  Do you listen to the mp3 before you upload it?   Your recording software is probably using wave files.   It is possible the encoding is muting the backing track.

When you listen to a backing track, you are using a program on your PC.   Try opening up your mp3 file using the program directly, not streaming from this site.   

Ringer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 07:51:37 PM »
Yes I'm uploading MP3 files.  I listen to them before I upload them and they are fine.  I'm using a Mac.  I will fool around some more when I have time.  Never had this problem before but I haven't uploaded in a while.

Steamrollin Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 06:32:09 AM »
On a serious note Ringer, i often abuse and swear out loud at the pointy heads who invented computors, then give up. This aint gonna fix the problem but the stress relief is great.......mate.  :'(

Whilst i'm at it i'm trying to send a bt my daughter made up off the cuff, and the internet keeps dropping out........sheeeesh!!!!!!!!!!!..done, got thru. 8)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 08:08:59 AM by Steamrollin Stan »

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 09:56:40 AM »
Hi Ringer, do you listen to the tracks with the exact same software before you upload them and after you  upload them?

The upload process does not change the mp3 files at all.  It merely renames them and puts them into a directory with a link so you can find them.

Ringer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 05:41:24 PM »
It must have been one of those computer things because it is working now.

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 10:44:15 PM »
It wasn't one of those computer things, it was a Mac thing.   Get yourself a real computer.    8)

Ha ha ha, just kidding of course.   I'm glad it resolved itself.

Actually, Apple computers are unix under the skin, so they are more real than Windows comuters.    :o

Steamrollin Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 05:43:27 AM »
Really, this is pathetic, i have upgraded my isp and have fast down and uploads now, but from day dot i never have been able to send an st or bt first take, like after about 20 times it becomes annoying to say the least. Why the 2nd part of this site?...pissing me off Rick. >:(

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 03:46:10 PM »
Hi Stan,

That is weird and frustrating.  It takes 20 attempts to send a strack or btrack to Harmonicaboogie.  .....

When you said "Why the 2nd part of this site?" what did you mean?

Steamrollin Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 08:03:48 PM »
The main stage and home page are 2 seperate log in's yes?...something like that, as soon as i go to "send st to jam" i get dumped from the net, sometimes its ok but ever since i signed up ther's always been a gremlin ready to dump me, but like a stemroller i just keep on rollin on till i flatten the thing, and push thru.... :-*

anything