New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: BB's Niji Baby in Garageband  (Read 1368 times)

rnav2174

• View Profile
BB's Niji Baby in Garageband
« on: September 09, 2012, 10:49:22 PM »
K guys, just so you know I'm working on some of this site's BT's but in the mean time I've been told that it's ok to put other stuff hear so I'm just sharing this Garageband mix for now until I get Bantamweight Blues down. My diatonic stuff really needs some work , I haven't used one in a really long time, this was kind of my intro back into it. Yeah, I know , the wanna be Sonny Boy runs are redundant but as mentioned , I'm just getting back into it. Better crack open my " Blues Harmonica for Dummies " book  By Winslow Yerxa .   What ever , excuse's, excuse's. Thanks guys

http://soundcloud.com/ray-navarrette/niji-baby-w-b-harp-with-a
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 10:52:56 PM by rnav2174 »

Beelzebob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bob at Soundclick
Re: BB's Niji Baby in Garageband
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 11:30:03 PM »
It was good, I enjoyed it.  A Whole Lotta Reverb but somehow it sounded cool.  What are you using, a vocal remover.  They never work for me, I even have one by Izotope and it ain't worth a bean.  I can hear the vocal here pretty clear, though it is indeed muffled.  Anyway, nice job!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 11:31:57 PM by Beelzebob »

rnav2174

• View Profile
Re: BB's Niji Baby in Garageband
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »
The only thing I did was put the song on one track in Garageband with no effects and then create a second one with admittedly a little to much reverb , press record and start playing. I really should have learned the song before trying to play along but I basically was just winging it, the only thing I had to go by was what I remembered when I use to try and play to Sonny Boy's stuff way back in my Blues days, probably around the early 90's. Anyway, just messing around and trying to get my Diatonic Blues back up to speed so I could start working with the backing tracks on this site. I'll get there. I even tried following this song with a CX-12 in a Stevie style of Blues but that definitely takes more work to get in all the trills and runs to make it sound like a Stevie Wonder and Stevie Ray Vaughn collaborative mix or sounds. Anyway, thanks , I think I'll get to work on the BT's now. Thanks again.