New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: Hi From Kansas City area  (Read 1740 times)

JillyBean

• View Profile
Hi From Kansas City area
« on: September 01, 2012, 11:51:01 AM »
I'm Jill,

I've been playing the Harmonica for 1 year.  I just attended my first SPAH, and am looking forward to many more.  I really want to play the blues,  I'm having a bit of trouble with it.  But i guess it will come in time.

Steamrollin Stan

• View Profile
Re: Hi From Kansas City area
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 04:40:45 PM »
Welcome, i've been at it for about 4 years, some folk learn faster than others, this is a great site, just don't give up. ;)

JillyBean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 06:52:40 PM »
i don't understand how this site works, can someone enlighten me

Beelzebob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bob at Soundclick
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 09:00:24 PM »
Hi Jill,

Download any of the backing tracks that look/sound interesting to you.  Load the backing track into a music program like Audacity (free, just google) and record harmonica while it is playing (usually headphones are used for listening to the backing track and a mic goes into your sound card or directly into the computer).  RENDER the result into a 128k mp3 and upload it back here on "The Main Stage."  With Audacity, I think you still need to download LAME mp3 encoder and tell Audacity that is what you are using so that you can render the result.  Then we all listen to it and give you advice, support or whatever you need.

There are other ways of doing it.  Some use the MicroBR, which sounds like a great solution, but I've never tried it personally.  You have to learn how to use it, but many here get good results.  I've seen them used for $75 on eBay.

I think having a USB audio interface is a great way to do it.  You install it as an external sound card and most of them work great.  You'll still need a mic.

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 11:50:23 PM »
Hi Jill,

Welcome to the site!   How did you hear about us?

SPAH is very inspiring.   That will keep you going til next year!   And this site will help.

anything