New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: how to feed amp on street  (Read 3080 times)

kloijhi

• View Profile
    • www.karlisvitols.info
how to feed amp on street
« on: April 28, 2012, 10:43:26 AM »
hi
i have Fender frontman 15G small amp. and it is not supported for batteries, but i need to play with guys on street and i dont want to buy new amp for this.
so i have idea to put some batteries connector after ac/dc input and after it is converted to needed parametrs.
Do anybody know how much power i need for such small amp
and what acumulator or chargable batteries are the best for beable to use amp for some 6h?
how much amp use energy ?

so any expieriance with such things?

pappak

• Blues harp players really suck!
    • View Profile
Re: how to feed amp on street
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 09:13:22 AM »
Here's a couple of things I would think about before venturing into this project (if you haven't already) first of all, I don't know if you have any electrical training or not, if you don't then stay away from what you are doing. For a $100.00 or less you can get a good battery operated amp. Other things that could be considered are getting an A/C converter that will plug into a car lighter socket and run an extension cord if the car is too far away.
Trying to do what you have stated, could result in some serious injury to yourself or others. An amp that was not made to run on batteries will no be using components that use very little power, so, the batteries you will need to feed it would probably be quite large and heavy. I do not want to do the math right now as I think it is cheaper quicker and better to get the proper amp. Trade off the one you got for a Fender Mustang or and Epiphone. You would be way ahead by doing so and don't have to hassle with the figuring out of what lead goes where and blowing up the amp and having to get a new one one regardless. Just my thoughts, hope this helps, stay safe, play longer...

kloijhi

• View Profile
    • www.karlisvitols.info
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 12:22:01 PM »
hi.
i am back from my street tour in Helsinki.
my enginere friend made solution for it:
because Fender Frontman  15G electronics scheme is not supported by batteries.
so i get some Chiniese Adapter (15$) 12v to 220v for 100W !!!!
also i took Gel Pb trimmer battery 12 A/h so
BINGO!
7-8h on street without problems.
so in empty way battery uses 0.9A if i start play with my GreenBullet then average 1.2A-1.7A IF BASS. TREBLE. MIDDLE is on 0'
anyway Bass and Middle don't use to much A but as soon TREBLE is added then A usage rises to 2.7A or even 2.9A !!!
so i hope it will help for other bluesmans!
cheers
ps
keep away adapter from any raindrops!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 12:24:15 PM by kloijhi »

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 02:33:46 PM »
Ha ha, good work.  It is good to have engineer friends.