New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: What's your favorite song to play ?  (Read 1484 times)

rnav2174

• View Profile
What's your favorite song to play ?
« on: January 03, 2014, 10:32:46 PM »
What's your favorite song to play and how did you learn it ? For me it's " What's Going On " by Marvin Gaye , this song goes back to when my favorite cousin and I would get together for a few beers and talk for hours about all kinds of stuff. When he died , it left a great void in my life and this song kind of brings him back to me. I first learned to play it by trying to sing it with my Chrom note for note just the way Marvin sang it. Before I use a BT or some other version , it's the original that get's me going . Once the song is in my core, then and only then will I improv or add some of myself to it. It works for me to do it this way.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:39:41 AM by rnav2174 »

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite song to play ?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 04:57:02 PM »
My favorite song changes.  It tends to be whatever I am working on.

Gorfalamu

• Be true to the music in your head-all else follows
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 08:25:14 PM »
I agree with Rick though presently I'm hammering away at "Harlem Nocturne" so I can present it to the band for consideration.  I really like this tune because it's outside my comfort zone and requires more discipline and attention to detail. Fun tune, highly recommended.

Cheers,
G

Beelzebob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bob at Soundclick
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 01:56:39 AM »
(...hanging onto cliff edge...)  So what song is it, Ray???????

rnav2174

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 10:43:44 AM »
Oops, must have had one to many glasses of Wine, I forgot to write which song is my favorite. For me, it's Marvin Gaye's " What's Going On ". I've played different versions of it but the original is where I start before I try anything else. I have an original sounding BT so I'll be working it again. Sorry about that guys and gals. Thanks

Beelzebob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bob at Soundclick
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 09:11:30 PM »
One of the BTs this jam is Harlem Nocturne, I just realized this is where I got the notion to put it up.  Chords can be supplied if anyone needs them, since I found two different arrangements. (I used the simpler one.)

anything