New BTracks

Facebook

Author Topic: Banging the Donations Drum for Jam 25  (Read 1997 times)

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Banging the Donations Drum for Jam 25
« on: February 15, 2014, 09:30:16 PM »
Hi Guys,

At the start of every jam we bang the donations drum.  So here we go!   Your donations help pay for the cost of renting the server on which the jam runs.   

All donations are gladly accepted, from $5 to $50.   Oh hey, we already have a $5 donation!   Thank you!

To donate, you just use the PayPal donations button on the front of the site.   Or if you want to mail a check, you can always ask me for my address.

Man, it is cold in Michigan.  This Polar Vortex is getting old!   I can't wait for things to warm up, and warm up in the jam!

Happy Jamming!

Rick

Steamrollin Stan

• View Profile
Re: Banging the Donations Drum for Jam 25
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 04:07:30 AM »
Would you prefer me to have a few drinks and play with the 'PayPal' button and donate in segments, I see you dont take anything more than $50. ;) ;) ;)

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 04:00:19 PM »
Ha ha Stan,

Sure, I'll donate a fifth of whiskey to  you, and then we'll let you play with the PayPal button.    ;D ;D ;D ;D

Just so other folks know, Steamrollin Stan has a habit of having a few beers and then communicating with aliens in outer space by donating really weird number with odd ball decimal amounts the the jam.   Something about sun spots interacting with internet wires or something.   

At any rate, whenever he does it, I find these weird crop circle like patterns in the snow in the back yard.    Maybe I'll have a few beers and stay up all night and keep my eyes peeled on my back yard tonight.

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 08:28:17 PM »
Hi Guys,

You gentleman are very generous!

Six donations just rolled in!   I think it is tactless to name names, but I can say they came in from the States of Washington, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Maryland.   And we have international donations from Australia and Canada!

So far we have enough to pay 4 months rent.   If you are at a good point in life and have been enjoying the jam, feel free to donate!

Thank you guys.   

Gorfalamu

• Be true to the music in your head-all else follows
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 10:49:27 PM »
Sounds like Stan could be from Colorado or Washington.   ;D

Steamrollin Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 07:56:19 AM »
Worse than that Gorf, Leumeah N.S.W.  6,000,000 people in my state, I'm the only member, figure that one out?

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 10:45:28 PM »
Hi Guys,

Well, the donations kept rolling in and I am very grateful!

I will be sending everyone who donated a thank you email.   Also I will make sure the extra features get turned on  some time this weekend.    The most useful feature to me is (A) you can see who you already voted for (B) your old songs that don't go gold go into your back catalog where you can still listen to them.

I have been a little slow on the draw, but I'll get things caught up.

Thank you,
  Rick

Rick

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 08:03:06 PM »
Everyone who donated should have the extra features.

Thank you for donating!

Rick

anything